Saturday, July 11, 2020

Month One Recap

So it seems to me that week three is a dump week. I made great health improvements the first two weeks but the third seemed to backslide. I introduced lard, cut out all dairy n eggs, and started pork rinds. Week four was getting back on track improvement wise but still not as good as the first two weeks. 

I've found chicken gives me more energy, in particular white meat which is why I added pork rinds for the fat content. Still can't find chicken liver anywhere in the tri state area right now, but I'm not even sure if I can force myself to eat it. Bone broth by kettle fire is awesome but expensive because I'm bumping up to half cup a day. Each $7 box gives me four days. 

I'm still on diet mountain dew code red and still smoking a lot. I understand that these things are probably hindering my progress but I'm not ready to cut them out quite yet.  

I've lost 19 pounds this month which is way too much. However, half of that is probably just water weight n when you start as a big person, you tend to lose big in the beginning. So, I'm not worried yet but I am trying to eat more. My appetite is null and it's a struggle to break 1000 calories a day. I'm still struggling with eating meat n fat because I generally don't like the taste, especially from beef. Switching from vegan has been hard in that respect as well as emotionally.

I buy my meat through butcherbox not only for the high quality but for how they treat the animals. I'll probably do a review in a month. I want to at least wait till my second shipment. I will be adding bacon next month to get the fat content boosted more. Salmon once a month because it's expensive and I'm concerned about Mercury content.

Hair is still doing amazing, it's finally growing. I haven't needed a haircut in three years, for context. I need one now. Skin not so much. I'm waiting to heal because I do think it was the dairy. Then I'll readd eggs n test them separately. Hopefully it's just dairy cuz I can easily give that up without any struggle whatsoever. Nails have always been strong ironically. Teeth ... Idk about cavities n I'm still on soda pop. But they do feel cleaner even before I brush which is hard to explain. My sweat doesn't smell very bad anymore but I did have that improvement going vegan too. 

Sleep still seems better while not miraculous. Depression is apparently a thing of the past. Anxiety a bit better too as I'm definitely more personable with strangers n even family outside of my house. Energy still rather low but I'm no longer living for my naps. Knees are still trashed though back is pretty decent. Muscles went back to being tight the third week and haven't come back around. Headaches at the right hand base of my skull are still there n no improvement.

I think that's all. Have a wonderful day if anyone ever reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment