Monday, June 15, 2020

6-15-2020

Day one on the carnivore diet, God help me.

So, it wasn't too bad taste wise. But ... When a vlogger on YouTube tells you to stay near a bathroom for the first two weeks, don't disbelieve him. Holy mother Mary of God. I won't get too graphic, but take your worst bathroom experience and multiply it by ten. 

For me, this effect was almost immediate. I think maybe 10-15 minutes. I had actually expected constipation. Nope, very much nope. I am not exaggerating when I tell you to keep extra clothes and a well stocked shower. Maybe it was the sudden extreme switch or the fact I'm pretty sick in general idk. But be prepared just in case. You'll thank me later.

My energy seemed consistent in the morning and early afternoon. Then, I suddenly got ravenously hungry so I ate again at three. But shortly after, I got real tired and fog headed and kinda shaky. I'm guessing there's not enough sugar in animals left over and I'm borderline diabetic. So, instead of keeping strict, I ate some breaded chicken with jalepeno ranch sauce and felt almost instantly better. I've decided to do this as needed until I no longer need to as it's in lieu of a transition period.

I have noticed today, from early evening on, that my two pinky fingers that have been numb for a year now almost feel entirely normal. I'd think that's a little too quick, but it's been a year steady and boom. I don't think it's the meat, though, I think it's the lack of vegetables and fruits. Perhaps I'm really that sensitive to these oxalates. Who knows. 

I'm still in pain otherwise, but I'm also still drinking copious amounts of diet mountain dew code red for energy. I plan to do this until I don't need to any more. I realize I may not get all the benefits until I quit diet soda. 

Still, an interesting day and I still can't get over the finger numbness thing. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.



No comments:

Post a Comment